Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed July 6, 2011
Neolithic cave art shows inventor of sandwich
The 18th century's John Montagu, Fourth Earl of Sandwich gets the credit, but as we now know the sandwich was probably invented no more than five or ten minutes after the appearance of bread.
A recent poll taken by my Food for Thought pard Nancy Leson showed that when it comes to sandwiches the Seattle area offers plenty of choice – and not a little controversy among serious sandwichistas.
In this Food for Thought we talk about that, and about our favorite sandwiches to make at home. As it turns out our tastes are pretty pedestrian. Cream cheese and olive for me, grilled cheese for Nancy.
How about you? Post below. And please try not to vilify those who disagree. Mere understated contempt is so much more effective.
"Enjoy every sandwich."
– Warren Zevon