Most Active Stories
- Why Washington State Was Named #1 Most Innovative State By Bloomberg
- Mass On Friday Snow Forecast: Latest Models Show 'This Front Is Coming'
- Mass: 'Extensive Lowland Snow' Likely Friday Morning
- Cookies, Including What Nancy Leson Calls The 'Best Shortbread Evah!'
- State Officials Seize Cold Snap, Freeze Out Invasive Snails In Capitol Lake
News & Music Contributors
Food For Thought
Wed February 2, 2011
New pie bakeries roll out in Seattle
The shrink-ray is insatiable. First it came for our donuts. Now it focuses on pies. These days you can get ‘em so small they should come with postage stamps instead of napkins.
Now, Nancy thinks that a pie the size of a 50 cent piece is just fine but my motto, in food as in power tools, is “Always get the big one.” Better to have it and not need it... right?
So, would you even bother with a pie the size of a Repo-Man’s heart? Or do you think size does matter?
“The meal is not over when I am full. The meal is over when I hate myself.” -- Louis CK
Nancy Leson's All You Can Eat Blog at The Seattle Times