Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Food For Thought
New pie bakeries roll out in Seattle
The shrink-ray is insatiable. First it came for our donuts. Now it focuses on pies. These days you can get ‘em so small they should come with postage stamps instead of napkins.
Now, Nancy thinks that a pie the size of a 50 cent piece is just fine but my motto, in food as in power tools, is “Always get the big one.” Better to have it and not need it... right?
So, would you even bother with a pie the size of a Repo-Man’s heart? Or do you think size does matter?
“The meal is not over when I am full. The meal is over when I hate myself.” -- Louis CK
Nancy Leson's All You Can Eat Blog at The Seattle Times