Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Mon October 15, 2012
New Seattle basketball arena plan in play
Today is expected to be a significant day in the proposal for a new arena in Seattle to bring back an NBA team and host an NHL team.
The Seattle and King County councils are expected to give final approval to the plan to build the $490 million arena with $200 million in public help.
But the Longshore Union called a news conference to announce a lawsuit opposing developer Chris Hansen's preferred location in the area south of downtown Seattle, near the Mariners and Seahawks stadiums.
The union says another sports venue in the Sodo area will erode maritime and warehousing businesses and threaten the livelihood of union members and other workers.
Sports with Art Thiel
Seattle pro sports