Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
New Seattle basketball arena plan in play
Today is expected to be a significant day in the proposal for a new arena in Seattle to bring back an NBA team and host an NHL team.
The Seattle and King County councils are expected to give final approval to the plan to build the $490 million arena with $200 million in public help.
But the Longshore Union called a news conference to announce a lawsuit opposing developer Chris Hansen's preferred location in the area south of downtown Seattle, near the Mariners and Seahawks stadiums.
The union says another sports venue in the Sodo area will erode maritime and warehousing businesses and threaten the livelihood of union members and other workers.
Sports with Art Thiel
Seattle pro sports