Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Wed February 1, 2012
New video sheds more light on dark side of the moon
Originally published on Wed February 1, 2012 3:35 pm
New video from NASA gives us a fresh view of the far side of the moon (or the technically incorrect but way cooler sounding "dark side").
It's from NASA's Gravity Recovery And Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) lunar spacecraft.
And just for the record, some news outlets have looked at the space agency's headline — "NASA Mission Returns First Video From Moon's Far Side" — and are reporting that this is the first time we've seen images from there. That's not correct. What NASA seems to have tried to say is that this is the first video of the far side from this mission.