Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
News for skiers: 7-day access to Hurricane Ridge ski area
PORT ANGELES, Wash. — Skiers and snowboarders will have 7-day-a-week access to the Hurricane Ridge area as Olympic National Park keeps the road plowed in the second year of a pilot program to promote more visitors.
The Peninsula Daily News reports Hurricane Ridge has had only a weekend-only schedule after Thanksgiving in the past.
Deputy Park Superintendent Todd Suess says the park has hired snow plow workers to keep the road clear, except after severe storms.
The Interior Department is providing $250,000 and about $75,000 was raised in community donations for the effort.
On the Web: