Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
News for skiers: 7-day access to Hurricane Ridge ski area
PORT ANGELES, Wash. — Skiers and snowboarders will have 7-day-a-week access to the Hurricane Ridge area as Olympic National Park keeps the road plowed in the second year of a pilot program to promote more visitors.
The Peninsula Daily News reports Hurricane Ridge has had only a weekend-only schedule after Thanksgiving in the past.
Deputy Park Superintendent Todd Suess says the park has hired snow plow workers to keep the road clear, except after severe storms.
The Interior Department is providing $250,000 and about $75,000 was raised in community donations for the effort.
On the Web: