Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Wed May 15, 2013
Now you Caesar salad bowl
I don't expect you to forgive me for that headline. To paraphrase Tammany Hall "Honest Grafter" George Washington Plunkitt, I saw my opportunity and I took it. But I digress. In this week's Food for Thought we come to praise Caesar salad.
Nancy Leson has some simple tips for making your own. Like mixing the dressing right in the bowl you're serving the salad in. And a suggestion for those wimps who won't eat anchovies. She also deploys a new verb "to mix," whispered to her by chefs from Planet Nancy. Take a guess before you listen for the answer.
We'd love to see your favorite salad bowls and Caesar wisdom below.
It seems to me the only thing you've learned is that Caesar is a "salad dressing dude."
–Mr. Ryan from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure