Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Mon May 5, 2014
NSA's Encrypted Tweet: We're Hiring Code Breakers
Originally published on Mon May 5, 2014 12:55 pm
What better way to recruit potential code breakers than to advertise in cipher? That's what the NSA did Monday morning with this mysterious tweet:
"want to know what it takes to work at nsa? check back each monday as we explore careers essential to protecting your nation."
At first, some people who saw the tweet thought the NSA might just be drunk — or perhaps someone had inadvertently sent a butt tweet. But, it turns out that the coded tweet was the first of several in a monthlong campaign to "explore careers essential to protecting our nation," NSA spokeswoman Marci Green Miller told The Daily Dot.
"NSA is known as the code makers and code breakers," Miller told the website in an email. "As part of our recruitment efforts to attract the best and the brightest, we will post mission related coded Tweets on Mondays in the month of May."
The Daily Dot says: