Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
NTSB clears I-5 Skagit River bridge accident scene
The Transportation Department says parts of a temporary Interstate 5 bridge could extend over the Skagit River in a day or two and the entire 160-foot gap should be filled by mid-June.
Spokesman Travis Phelps says it will take a little more time reopen freeway lanes that have been detoured since the May 23 bridge collapse, but it should happen before the last week of the month.
That still depends on bridge piers passing inspection and workers overcoming some engineering challenges.
impacts of bridge collapse