Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Obama cheered in Seattle on gay marriage
President Barack witnessed support for his decision to support gay marriage first hand from his motorcade through Seattle Thursday.
He passed a woman holding an infant and a sign that said: "Thank you! Mr. President for standing up for my mommys!"
Obama also drew big cheers from supporters at Seattle's historic Paramount Theater when he said his vision for a better America applies to everyone.
Washington state has passed a law approving same-sex marriage, but opponents in Washington are gathering signatures for a ballot initiative to overturn the law and declare marriage as union of man and woman. In Seattle, Obama expected to collect at least $3 million toward his re-election effort.
On Friday, he will fly to Nevada, where he will call for housing relief in a speech in Reno.