Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Sat November 3, 2012
Obama's Weekly Address Receives Belated Romney Response
Originally published on Sat November 3, 2012 7:45 am
With the imminent presidential election casting a spotlight on every move made by the candidates, the president's weekly address was released as usual early Saturday morning. Challenger Mitt Romney's official GOP response, however, took a little longer than is typical to surface.
Rick Klein at ABC noted it on Twitter this way:
Peter Maer over at CBS followed later with this note when it did appear:
The Romney campaign sent out a link to the address at about 9:30 a.m. ET without any note of the unusual timing. In the address itself the candidate briefly addresses the need to assist those affected by Sandy, then again made his case for the presidency.
President Obama's weekly address focused on the aftermath of Sandy and what the federal government is doing to help.