Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
News & Music Contributors
Wed September 4, 2013
Once Shut in by Autism, Man Shares World through Photos
For Forrest Sargent, a picture is worth a thousand words left unsaid. Sargent, 22, is autistic and unable to speak. He can communicate through a letterboard, but because the task requires training and patience, it limits his world to a very small circle.
So instead of telling others his thoughts, he shows them the world as he sees it, through his photos.