Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
To Peel a Whole Head of Garlic, Just Shake it Up, Baby!
This week, Nancy Leson demonstrates Martha Stewart's clever method for peeling a whole head of garlic. Nothing could be simpler. And not only is it easy and fun, it (wait for it...) really, really works!
As the Isley Bros. sing it during this week's episode, "All you've got to do is shake it up, baby!" No more whacking individual cloves with the flat of a knife when you need a whole lot of garlic, which is what I do usually—Okay, always. Here's how Martha does it.
Got some clever kitchen tricks you'd like to share? Do tell. Right down there.
"Garlic maketh a man wynke, drinke and stynke."
– Thomas Nash