Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Peter Bernstein Trio on Jazz Northwest
Guitarist Peter Bernstein's recent appearance at Egan's in Seattle will be featured on Jazz Northwest on Sunday March 4 at 1 PM Pacific on 88.5 KPLU. Peter has been a part of the jazz scene in New York and abroad since 1989. He has played on over 60 recordings as well as festival, concert and club performances with musicians from all generations. His latest recording as a leader is Live At Smalls featuring Richard Wyands, John Webber, and Jimmy Cobb.
Peter has played with legendary drummer Jimmy Cobb (Cobb’s Mob), organist Larry Goldings, Dr. Lonnie Smith, Melvin Rhyne, Joshua Redman, Diana Krall, Nicholas Payton, Lee Konitz, Tom Harrell, and Eric Alexander among others. In this appearance at Egan's Ballard Jam House he was joined by Seattle musicians Chuck Deardorf on bass and Matt Jorgensen on drums. This special evening at Egan's was presented by seattlejazzscene.com.
Jazz Northwest is recorded and produced by Jim Wilke exclusively for 88.5 KPLU, and airs every Sunday afternoon at 1 PM Pacific. The program is also available as a podcast at kplu.org.