Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Festivals and events
Sat March 17, 2012
Photos from the St. Patrick's Day Dash in Seattle - share yours
According to the Website for the St. Patrick's Day Dash in Seattle, the event began 27 years ago as a race between bars and as a training event for an Irish Olympian. Now it’s Seattle’s largest single-distance run/walk, jog or crawl where the winners cross the finish before the last person starts. The Dash covers nearly 4 miles of city streets with a 15,000 person ribbon of green.
We'd love to see your photos – please post them in the comments section below. Cheers!
The F5 St. Patrick’s Day Dash benefits the Detlef Schrempf Foundation in support of Northwest children’s charities, according the organizers. In 2011, we contributed over $200,000 to our non-profit partners. In 2012, we are directing funds to four worthy organizations: Camp Fire USA Puget Sound Council, Seattle Children’s Autism Center, Rise n’ Shine, and the Healing Center.