Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Festivals and events
Photos from the St. Patrick's Day Dash in Seattle - share yours
According to the Website for the St. Patrick's Day Dash in Seattle, the event began 27 years ago as a race between bars and as a training event for an Irish Olympian. Now it’s Seattle’s largest single-distance run/walk, jog or crawl where the winners cross the finish before the last person starts. The Dash covers nearly 4 miles of city streets with a 15,000 person ribbon of green.
We'd love to see your photos – please post them in the comments section below. Cheers!
The F5 St. Patrick’s Day Dash benefits the Detlef Schrempf Foundation in support of Northwest children’s charities, according the organizers. In 2011, we contributed over $200,000 to our non-profit partners. In 2012, we are directing funds to four worthy organizations: Camp Fire USA Puget Sound Council, Seattle Children’s Autism Center, Rise n’ Shine, and the Healing Center.