Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- No Need To Presoak Beans For This Cheese Rind-Flavored Minestrone Recipe
News & Music Contributors
Tue December 13, 2011
Pierce County burn ban elevated to stage two
Air quality is worsening in Pierce County.
The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency has raised the burn ban in Pierce County to Stage 2. No burning is allowed in ANY wood-burning fireplaces, wood stoves, fireplace inserts (certified or uncertified) or pellet stoves. The only exception is if a wood stove is a home's only adequate source of heat.
A Stage 1 burn ban remains in effect for Snohomish County. No burning is allowed in fireplaces or uncertified wood stoves.
Outdoor fires are prohibited under both Stage 1 and 2 burn bans.
More information on burn bans is available at pscleanair.org.