Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Sat December 21, 2013
Police Recover Heroin Packets Stamped 'Obamacare'
Originally published on Fri December 20, 2013 5:19 pm
Police in Massachusetts on Friday pulled over a suspicious automobile and after conducting a search, recovered more than a thousand small packets of heroin stamped "Obamacare" and "Kurt Cobain."
Four people were arrested after the traffic stop in Northampton in which 1,250 of the packets were found.
Police say the car driver committed several violations, prompting the stop. He was later found to be unlicensed.
The Associated Press says a state police dog found the contraband:
"State police Lt. Daniel Richard says it's not unusual for heroin to be stamped with numbers, words or symbols to identify who's selling it. But he says the 'Obamacare' stamp is one he hadn't heard of."
No explanation was immediately available.
The Massachusetts State Police posted photos on Facebook.