Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Tue November 8, 2011
Pot initiative passing in Tacoma
Tacoma News Tribune reports that Tacoma voters are easily passing citywide ballot Initiative No. 1 – the measure seeking to make “marijuana or cannabis offenses … the lowest enforcement priority of the City of Tacoma.
After initial ballot counts posted as of 8:15 p.m., 65 percent of voters (16,888) were favoring the measure, compared to 35 percent of those casting “no votes” (9,240 total).