Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Wed February 8, 2012
Powell family blames government, bias, media for murder-suicide
An uncle and aunt of Josh Powell issued a statement saying there's no justification for the loss of his children, but Maurice and Patti Leach feel "this family tragedy was set into motion from the beginning due in part to the various questionable government agencies' practices, religious bias, the Internet kangaroo courts, and sensationalized news media."
The Leaches say they had agreed to offer a "safe haven" for the two boys and that they had urged Josh Powell to present facts — no matter how disturbing — at the child custody hearing.
In the statement released Tuesday, they said they were left disillusioned with the legal system and feel government practices, religious bias, the Internet and news media circumvented due process.