Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Thu December 8, 2011
Preview: Angels sign Pujols, up ante for Mariners
"It makes it that much more difficult for everybody in our division."
The words of Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik, reacting to news today that the division-rival Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have signed star free agent Albert Pujols. The Seattle Times reports the Angels signed Pujols to a 10-year contract worth a reported $250 million.
The Mariners are reportedly among the teams vying for another free agent slugging star, Prince Fielder. And the Angels' move has put more pressure on the Mariners to try to sign him.
There are a lot of challenges involved. We'll talk about them with KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here for a blog of our conversation.