Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Thu December 8, 2011
Preview: Angels sign Pujols, up ante for Mariners
"It makes it that much more difficult for everybody in our division."
The words of Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik, reacting to news today that the division-rival Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have signed star free agent Albert Pujols. The Seattle Times reports the Angels signed Pujols to a 10-year contract worth a reported $250 million.
The Mariners are reportedly among the teams vying for another free agent slugging star, Prince Fielder. And the Angels' move has put more pressure on the Mariners to try to sign him.
There are a lot of challenges involved. We'll talk about them with KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here for a blog of our conversation.