Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Preview: Angels sign Pujols, up ante for Mariners
"It makes it that much more difficult for everybody in our division."
The words of Mariners general manager Jack Zduriencik, reacting to news today that the division-rival Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim have signed star free agent Albert Pujols. The Seattle Times reports the Angels signed Pujols to a 10-year contract worth a reported $250 million.
The Mariners are reportedly among the teams vying for another free agent slugging star, Prince Fielder. And the Angels' move has put more pressure on the Mariners to try to sign him.
There are a lot of challenges involved. We'll talk about them with KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here for a blog of our conversation.