Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Thu July 14, 2011
Preview: Former UW goalie helps U.S. Women reach World Cup final
She was a star at the University of Washington, and now goalie Hope Solo has been instrumental in getting the U.S. Women's Soccer Team to the World Cup final. After a dramatic shootout win over Brazil last weekend, the U.S. beat France Wednesday 3-1. Solo and the rest of her teammates will face Japan in the final on Sunday.
KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel met Hope Solo at the Beijing Olympics and will share some of his insights about her drive and determination tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here tomorrow for a blog of our conversation.