Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Preview: Former UW goalie helps U.S. Women reach World Cup final
She was a star at the University of Washington, and now goalie Hope Solo has been instrumental in getting the U.S. Women's Soccer Team to the World Cup final. After a dramatic shootout win over Brazil last weekend, the U.S. beat France Wednesday 3-1. Solo and the rest of her teammates will face Japan in the final on Sunday.
KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel met Hope Solo at the Beijing Olympics and will share some of his insights about her drive and determination tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here tomorrow for a blog of our conversation.