Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Thu July 28, 2011
Preview: Hasselbeck moves to Tennessee, will mentor Locker
It's official today: Vince Young is out at quarterback for the Tennessee Titans and former Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck is in. Several media outlets are now reporting that Hasselbeck has agreed to a multi-year deal with the team.
In addition to leading the offense for the next few years, Hasselbeck is also tasked with mentoring former University of Washington quarterback Jake Locker, who was selected by the Titans as the No. 8 pick overall in this year's NFL draft.
Meanwhile, the Seahawks have agreed to terms with former Minnesota backup quarterback Tavaris Jackson. He joins the Hawks' current No. 2 quarterback Charlie Whitehurst.
There is a lot to sort out from all that's happened this week, following the end of the NFL lockout. You can hear the thoughts of KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here tomorrow for a blog of our conversation.