Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Preview: Little to cheer about for Hawks or Husky fans this weekend
The Seattle Seahawks and Washington Huskies are poised to make rather dubious history this weekend. They're both underdogs in their respective football games. If the spreads hold true, it could be a grim weekend for football fans.
The Hawks are 14-point underdogs against the Steelers. The Huskies are 17-point underdogs against Nebraska.
KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel says he can't recall ever seeing such a spread for both teams in the same weekend. He's particularly shocked by the Seahawks' point spread. And there's another interesting aspect to this weekend's matchup between the Seahawks and Steelers.
Find out more in Art's weekly commentary tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here for a blog of our conversation.