Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- Seattle's Underground Sex Economy Explained, In Five Points
- Washington's 'Swift And Certain' Parole Reforms Getting Results And Attention
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Thu May 31, 2012
Preview: Young hitters shine for the Mariners, but is it enough?
The Mariners routed the Texas Rangers last night 21-8. Justin Smoak hit two three-run homers against his former team and the Mariners had two eight-run innings. Jesus Montero homered among his three hits and drove in four runs. And Kyle Seager had four hits and two RBIs.
It was their second win in a row against the AL West-leading Rangers. And you can certainly say the Mariners have been "streaky" lately.
The team has fluctuated this season between extreme highs and extreme lows. KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel says the young hitters have been impressive but the older players are holding the team back.
Find out more of what Art has to say tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here for a blog of our conversation.