Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Thu May 31, 2012
Preview: Young hitters shine for the Mariners, but is it enough?
The Mariners routed the Texas Rangers last night 21-8. Justin Smoak hit two three-run homers against his former team and the Mariners had two eight-run innings. Jesus Montero homered among his three hits and drove in four runs. And Kyle Seager had four hits and two RBIs.
It was their second win in a row against the AL West-leading Rangers. And you can certainly say the Mariners have been "streaky" lately.
The team has fluctuated this season between extreme highs and extreme lows. KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel says the young hitters have been impressive but the older players are holding the team back.
Find out more of what Art has to say tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. Check back here for a blog of our conversation.