Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Sports with Art Thiel
Preview: Young talent a refreshing change for Mariners
The Mariners locker room is full of young faces these days. And KPLU sports commentator Art Thiel says that's a good thing.
The Mariners' two newest young players – 21-year-old pitcher Danny Hultzen and 21-year-old shortstop Brad Miller – were the team's top picks in this year's amateur draft. The Mariners also got a lot of young players in their trades with Boston and Detroit.
In Monday's game, the Mariners played eight rookies, the most since a game in their first year, 1977. But Art says it's better than wasting money on expensive free agents who break down, like Carlos Silva.
Find out more about what Art has to say on this issue, tomorrow morning at 5:35 and 7:35 on 88.5 KPLU. And check back here tomorrow for a blog of our conversation.