Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Tue February 15, 2011
Put them all together, they spell tiramisu
Created for a Medici, it was the dessert of choice for Venetian working girls.
Tirami-su. Literally "pick me up." Which, the story goes, is what the Ladies Who Stroll used to refresh their energies between their own strictly business pickups.
Of course The Savoy Truffle was the only music suitable for a feature about a dessert. I learned that most of the confections mentioned in George Harrison's White Album ode to intemperate ingestion were to be found in a box of Mackintosh's Good News Chocolates.
As with our dim sum outing, I think it's lots of fun to make something at home which most people think you can only get a restaurant. Nancy has step by step illustrated recipe for making your own tiramisu right here.