Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Tue February 15, 2011
Put them all together, they spell tiramisu
Created for a Medici, it was the dessert of choice for Venetian working girls.
Tirami-su. Literally "pick me up." Which, the story goes, is what the Ladies Who Stroll used to refresh their energies between their own strictly business pickups.
Of course The Savoy Truffle was the only music suitable for a feature about a dessert. I learned that most of the confections mentioned in George Harrison's White Album ode to intemperate ingestion were to be found in a box of Mackintosh's Good News Chocolates.
As with our dim sum outing, I think it's lots of fun to make something at home which most people think you can only get a restaurant. Nancy has step by step illustrated recipe for making your own tiramisu right here.