Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 2, 2013
Rachelle Ferrell: Singing Her Way To A Higher Plane
To say that the voice of singer Rachelle Ferrel is supple would be to understate its magnificence. Ms. Ferrel’s voice has a 6-octave range which conveys deep and surprising levels of emotion.
As you can imagine, KPLU was very proud to host her and her pianist, Mo Pleasure, in an intimate studio session.
She performed one jazz standard, (My Funny Valentine in a way you’ve never heard before) and two of her own compositions (Love is All Around and I Can Explain). Between songs Ms. Ferrell spoke to host, Abe Beeson, about the spirituality which guides her music.
You can also find our Studio Sessions available as a video podcast in iTunes. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/kplu-studio-sessions-video/id657517777