Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 2, 2013
Rachelle Ferrell: Singing Her Way To A Higher Plane
To say that the voice of singer Rachelle Ferrel is supple would be to understate its magnificence. Ms. Ferrel’s voice has a 6-octave range which conveys deep and surprising levels of emotion.
As you can imagine, KPLU was very proud to host her and her pianist, Mo Pleasure, in an intimate studio session.
She performed one jazz standard, (My Funny Valentine in a way you’ve never heard before) and two of her own compositions (Love is All Around and I Can Explain). Between songs Ms. Ferrell spoke to host, Abe Beeson, about the spirituality which guides her music.
You can also find our Studio Sessions available as a video podcast in iTunes. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/kplu-studio-sessions-video/id657517777