Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Wed February 26, 2014
Record Bonuses For Alaska Airlines Employees
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air employees received an annual bonus Wednesday totaling $84 million.
Seattle-based Alaska Air Group says the incentive pay amounts to about 9 percent of annual pay or five weeks' pay for most workers.
More than $51 million goes to 6,400 Alaska and Horizon employees in the Puget Sound area. Another $11 million goes to about 2,000 employees in the Portland area. And $8 million goes to 1,700 employees in the state of Alaska. The rest goes to airline workers at other locations.
The annual bonus is in addition to monthly bonuses last year that totaled about $21 million. The combined $105 million is the highest in company history.
Bonuses are paid for meeting goals for on-time arrivals, customer satisfaction, safety, cost controls and profits.