Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Thu January 12, 2012
Record high gas prices predicted for the NW this year
Seattle area gas prices are currently in the neighborhood of $3.50/gallon, but that may not last long. Fuel price monitoring website GasBuddy.com is predicting the price of regular unleaded will reach a record high of $4.40 to $4.65 a gallon here by Memorial Day weekend.
GasBuddy's annual price forecast sees extreme volatility in 2012, with rising tensions between Iran and the West playing a big role. Other factors include concerns about refinery maintenance and the hurricane season.
GasBuddy sees prices peaking in the late spring and gradually tapering back down over the summer. By the end of the year, prices may be about 20 cents a gallon higher than they are now.