Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Tue April 16, 2013
Reid: Letter with ricin or poison sent to senator
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says a letter containing ricin or another poison was sent to the office of Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi.
In brief remarks to reporters in the Capitol, Reid did not say when the letter was sent. It's customary for mail addressed to congressional offices to be screened at an off-site facility.
Sen. Mary Landrieu also confirmed a letter containing poison had been to a sent to a senator. She said lawmakers were informed of the fact at a closed-door briefing about the Boston Marathon bombings.