Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Reminder: Traffic nightmares in Seattle this weekend
Starting tonight, it will be a busy next few days for sports enthusiasts – with Sounders’ soccer matches, Mariners’ baseball games, and the huge Rock ‘n Roll Marathon on Saturday, reports the Seattle Department of Transportation.
The marathon, with on-course entertainment including live bands, will have major impacts on traffic as 25,000 participants make their way from Tukwila up to north Seattle. Also on Saturday, 60,000 people are expected to turn out for the annual Greenwood Car Show.
There are several marches and parades scheduled for the weekend, including the Seattle Pride Parade and March on Sunday when an anticipated 250,000 people will line Fourth Avenue through downtown to view the show.