Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Washington's 'Pot Czar' Says Legal Marijuana Could Be Too Cheap
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Fri June 24, 2011
Reminder: Traffic nightmares in Seattle this weekend
Starting tonight, it will be a busy next few days for sports enthusiasts – with Sounders’ soccer matches, Mariners’ baseball games, and the huge Rock ‘n Roll Marathon on Saturday, reports the Seattle Department of Transportation.
The marathon, with on-course entertainment including live bands, will have major impacts on traffic as 25,000 participants make their way from Tukwila up to north Seattle. Also on Saturday, 60,000 people are expected to turn out for the annual Greenwood Car Show.
There are several marches and parades scheduled for the weekend, including the Seattle Pride Parade and March on Sunday when an anticipated 250,000 people will line Fourth Avenue through downtown to view the show.