Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Fri June 24, 2011
Reminder: Traffic nightmares in Seattle this weekend
Starting tonight, it will be a busy next few days for sports enthusiasts – with Sounders’ soccer matches, Mariners’ baseball games, and the huge Rock ‘n Roll Marathon on Saturday, reports the Seattle Department of Transportation.
The marathon, with on-course entertainment including live bands, will have major impacts on traffic as 25,000 participants make their way from Tukwila up to north Seattle. Also on Saturday, 60,000 people are expected to turn out for the annual Greenwood Car Show.
There are several marches and parades scheduled for the weekend, including the Seattle Pride Parade and March on Sunday when an anticipated 250,000 people will line Fourth Avenue through downtown to view the show.