Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Reminder: Traffic nightmares in Seattle this weekend
Starting tonight, it will be a busy next few days for sports enthusiasts – with Sounders’ soccer matches, Mariners’ baseball games, and the huge Rock ‘n Roll Marathon on Saturday, reports the Seattle Department of Transportation.
The marathon, with on-course entertainment including live bands, will have major impacts on traffic as 25,000 participants make their way from Tukwila up to north Seattle. Also on Saturday, 60,000 people are expected to turn out for the annual Greenwood Car Show.
There are several marches and parades scheduled for the weekend, including the Seattle Pride Parade and March on Sunday when an anticipated 250,000 people will line Fourth Avenue through downtown to view the show.