Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
How to lose your job
Thu December 8, 2011
Rep. Larsen fires staffers for drinking on the job
EVERETT, Wash. — U.S. Rep. Rick Larsen has fired three staffers who apparently chronicled their on-the-job drinking exploits, including taking shots of Jack Daniels at their desks, via Twitter.
The Everett Herald reports that Larsen, a Democrat, fired the trio Thursday after learning of their Twitter activity.
A statement from his office says Larsen is disappointed and wants to make clear such behavior will not be tolerated.
The three — legislative assistants Seth Burroughs and Elizabeth Robbee and legislative correspondent Ben Byers — worked in Larsen's Washington, D.C., office.
Their Twitter accounts had been deleted by Thursday, but not before a conservative political blog, The Northwest Daily Marker, posted screenshots of the tweets.
On the Web: