Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
How to lose your job
Rep. Larsen fires staffers for drinking on the job
EVERETT, Wash. — U.S. Rep. Rick Larsen has fired three staffers who apparently chronicled their on-the-job drinking exploits, including taking shots of Jack Daniels at their desks, via Twitter.
The Everett Herald reports that Larsen, a Democrat, fired the trio Thursday after learning of their Twitter activity.
A statement from his office says Larsen is disappointed and wants to make clear such behavior will not be tolerated.
The three — legislative assistants Seth Burroughs and Elizabeth Robbee and legislative correspondent Ben Byers — worked in Larsen's Washington, D.C., office.
Their Twitter accounts had been deleted by Thursday, but not before a conservative political blog, The Northwest Daily Marker, posted screenshots of the tweets.
On the Web: