Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Marysville-Pilchuck High Student Kills 1, Injures 4 Before Taking Own Life
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
News & Music Contributors
Mon April 22, 2013
Richie Havens, folk singer who opened Woodstock, has died
Folk and rock singer, songwriter and guitarist Richie Havens reportedly passed away Monday at the age of 72.
Havens was perhaps best known for his three-hour opening set at the Woodstock Festival in 1969.
Over the course of his career, Havens recorded 21 studio albums and toured for nearly 45 years, until last year when he was sidelined with complications from kidney surgery.