Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Robbery in the ‘Jungle’ results in bite wounds
A man and his friend were robbed in the wooded area along the west side of Beacon Hill. One of the victims sustained “gruesome” bite wounds during the assault and robbery.
The Seattle Police Department reported on its blog that "the victim and his friend told police that two suspects, both Hispanic men, had approached them under I-5, and hit the victim in the head with a rock."
“During the attack, one of the suspects bit off part of the victim’s lower lip, and also bit the victim on his neck," wrote Jonah Spangenthal-Lee on the police blog.
The victim had his wallet and watch taken. The suspects rode off on bikes. The companion of the victim said he’d seen the two suspects in the jungle before this incident, but he didn’t know who they were.