Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Fri December 21, 2012
Sammamish is America's friendliest town
Forbes describes the Eastside suburb as a community where "wives swap recipes while their husbands trade tools" (am I the only one having a Stepford Wives flashback?).
Other contributing factors include a crime rate that's 90% below the national average, and a healthy economic environment where nearly 90% of residents own their own homes.
Here are the top 5 friendliest towns according to Forbes:
- Sammamish, WA
- Orinda, CA
- Fishers, IN
- Seal Beach, CA
- Westerville, OH
Forbes and Nextdoor.com evaluated 500 small metro areas with populations between 5,500 and 150,000.
They rated the top 15 based on education, crime rate, charitable giving and home ownership.