Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- No Need To Presoak Beans For This Cheese Rind-Flavored Minestrone Recipe
News & Music Contributors
Fri January 1, 2010
Sausage and Blue-cheese Stuffed Peaches
- 6 large firm ripe peaches
- 1/2 pound spicy Italian bulk sausage (or mild Italian sausage, if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (Gorgonzola is a good choice)
- Score peaches in half with a sharp knife, twist the fruit to separate and remove the pit. Using a paring knife or spoon, cut the "hole" in each a bit bigger so you can stuff it. Place the peach halves on a rimmed baking sheet or any baking vessel large enough to accommodate them.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400-degrees for 10 minutes (till soft, but not too soft). While the peaches bake, saute the sausage until cooked through, then turn off flame and mix in the blue cheese crumbles.
- Stuff the baked fruit with the sausage/cheese mixture. Serve hot.
Note: These make a great appetizer or side-dish, though I'd happily eat them for dessert. Half a peach is enough per person, though two are even better! You may prepare the stuffed peaches ahead, refrigerate and re-heat.