Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Sausage and Blue-cheese Stuffed Peaches
- 6 large firm ripe peaches
- 1/2 pound spicy Italian bulk sausage (or mild Italian sausage, if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (Gorgonzola is a good choice)
- Score peaches in half with a sharp knife, twist the fruit to separate and remove the pit. Using a paring knife or spoon, cut the "hole" in each a bit bigger so you can stuff it. Place the peach halves on a rimmed baking sheet or any baking vessel large enough to accommodate them.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400-degrees for 10 minutes (till soft, but not too soft). While the peaches bake, saute the sausage until cooked through, then turn off flame and mix in the blue cheese crumbles.
- Stuff the baked fruit with the sausage/cheese mixture. Serve hot.
Note: These make a great appetizer or side-dish, though I'd happily eat them for dessert. Half a peach is enough per person, though two are even better! You may prepare the stuffed peaches ahead, refrigerate and re-heat.