Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Seattle Central Community College will be site of 'WMD' drill
Don’t be disturbed by the police, National Guard and bomb sniffing dogs on the campus of Seattle Central Community College tomorrow, school officials said.
It’s only an exercise.
Emergency responders are testing their ability to deal with a “weapons of mass destruction” threat. Under the training exercise scenario, law enforcement will be reacting to an “explosion” on the top floor of the Science and Math building. That’s at the north end of campus on Broadway on Capitol Hill.
“We welcome the opportunity to partner with and learn from our local, municipal, county and federal response agencies,” Seattle Central President Paul Killpatrick said in a press release.
Participants in the drill will include the 10th Civil Support Team, U.S. Army North-Bravo Division, Seattle Police Department and bomb squad, Washington National Guard J3 Domestic Ops, Washington State Patrol, Washington State Radiation Health and Seattle Central’s security department.