Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Seattle hit record 70 on sunny Sunday
Under sunny skies, the temperature hit a record 70 degrees Sunday in Seattle, breaking the old record of 69 set in 1996.
The National Weather Service says it was 70 in Olympia, as well, and 71 in Vancouver, although those were not records for the date in those cities.
Meteorologist Jay Albrecht in Seattle says, "It's starting to look a little more like spring."
High clouds Monday will likely prevent a repeat of Sunday's highs, but Western Washington temperatures should be in the 60s. The clouds increase the chance of showers statewide through the rest of the work week.