Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Thu November 7, 2013
Seattle Mayor's Wife Arrested at Immigration Rally
The wife of outgoing Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn, Peggy Lynch, was one of the women arrested at an immigration reform rally in Bellevue for refusing to leave the office of the Washington State Republican Party.
About 30 women refused to leave the office Thursday during the demonstration, which was party of national actions urging Republican members of the U.S. House of Representatives to reform immigration laws.
The head of the Washington State Republican Party, Susan Hutchison, was out of town but said in a statement she agrees the immigration system needs to be reformed.
She says the demonstrators were arrested after refusing a request from the building landlord to leave. Hutchison says she's happy to have a dialogue, "but you cannot fix a broken law by breaking the law."