Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Central Wash. Home To Nation's Biggest Bitcoin Mine, More Coming
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Thu November 14, 2013
Seattle Named Smartest City in North America
Cities don’t get much smarter than Seattle, according to Fast Company magazine.
Fast Company praised Seattle’s focus on sustainability as well as its “entrepreneurial ecosystem” that attracts and nurtures startup companies. The magazine also highlighted Seattle’s efforts to improve quality of life through open data sets and the happiness initiative.
Seattle ranked third in 2012, coming in behind Boston and San Francisco. Those two cities tied for second place in the latest ranking, followed by Washington, D.C. and New York.
Vancouver, British Columbia ranked seventh, and Portland, Oregon ranked eighth.