Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Thu November 14, 2013
Seattle Named Smartest City in North America
Cities don’t get much smarter than Seattle, according to Fast Company magazine.
Fast Company praised Seattle’s focus on sustainability as well as its “entrepreneurial ecosystem” that attracts and nurtures startup companies. The magazine also highlighted Seattle’s efforts to improve quality of life through open data sets and the happiness initiative.
Seattle ranked third in 2012, coming in behind Boston and San Francisco. Those two cities tied for second place in the latest ranking, followed by Washington, D.C. and New York.
Vancouver, British Columbia ranked seventh, and Portland, Oregon ranked eighth.