Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Thu November 14, 2013
Seattle Named Smartest City in North America
Cities don’t get much smarter than Seattle, according to Fast Company magazine.
Fast Company praised Seattle’s focus on sustainability as well as its “entrepreneurial ecosystem” that attracts and nurtures startup companies. The magazine also highlighted Seattle’s efforts to improve quality of life through open data sets and the happiness initiative.
Seattle ranked third in 2012, coming in behind Boston and San Francisco. Those two cities tied for second place in the latest ranking, followed by Washington, D.C. and New York.
Vancouver, British Columbia ranked seventh, and Portland, Oregon ranked eighth.