Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Mon December 3, 2012
Seattle is North America's third smartest city
Fast Company has released its list of the top ten smartest cities in North America. Seattle is third from the top. Vancouver, BC comes in at fourth place. Boston is number one.
All of the cities on the list "are pushing the envelope of technology, sustainability and better living conditions".
What makes a city "smart"? Fast Company's Boyd Cohen rates cities on six components: economy, environment, governance, living, mobility, and people.
Seattle scored very well in four of the categories, especially in governance and the economy.