Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Seattle is North America's third smartest city
Fast Company has released its list of the top ten smartest cities in North America. Seattle is third from the top. Vancouver, BC comes in at fourth place. Boston is number one.
All of the cities on the list "are pushing the envelope of technology, sustainability and better living conditions".
What makes a city "smart"? Fast Company's Boyd Cohen rates cities on six components: economy, environment, governance, living, mobility, and people.
Seattle scored very well in four of the categories, especially in governance and the economy.