Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Seattle's Erotic Bakery, A Decades-Old Institution, To Close Its Doors
- Listen: Peter Sagal Explains Difference Between Seattle Runners And Chicago Runners
- 'Wait Wait' Host Peter Sagal Talks Comedy, News And What It's Like To Run In Seattle
- Missing Section Of Nez Perce Trail Holds Little-Known Part Of History
- Killing Comes Naturally To Chimps, Scientists Say
News & Music Contributors
Sun July 6, 2014
The Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra Plays Music Of Stan Kenton And Gerry Mulligan
Highlights from the final concert of the season by the Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra is featured on this week's Jazz Northwest
The concert includes music composed by Stan Kenton and Gerry Mulligan and played and recorded by both bands. Baritone saxophonist Bill Ramsay is featured prominently in Gerry Mulligan's music, and pianist Randy Halberstadt takes on the role of Stan Kenton in the Kenton theme Artistry in Rhythm.
The Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra is co-directed by Clarence Acox and Michael Brockman and the concert was recorded last month at the Kirkland Performance Center. The SRJO will begin its 20th anniversary season on October 4-5 with a Basie Bash.