Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- Washington Secretly Competed For Tesla ‘Gigafactory' Worth Thousands Of Jobs
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
News & Music Contributors
Sun July 6, 2014
The Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra Plays Music Of Stan Kenton And Gerry Mulligan
Highlights from the final concert of the season by the Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra is featured on this week's Jazz Northwest
The concert includes music composed by Stan Kenton and Gerry Mulligan and played and recorded by both bands. Baritone saxophonist Bill Ramsay is featured prominently in Gerry Mulligan's music, and pianist Randy Halberstadt takes on the role of Stan Kenton in the Kenton theme Artistry in Rhythm.
The Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra is co-directed by Clarence Acox and Michael Brockman and the concert was recorded last month at the Kirkland Performance Center. The SRJO will begin its 20th anniversary season on October 4-5 with a Basie Bash.