Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- This, We Agree, Was The First-Ever Recorded Rock And Roll Song
News & Music Contributors
Wed October 17, 2012
Seattle Times running ads in favor of McKenna and gay marriage
The Seattle Times Company is now actively working to support Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob McKenna and gay marriage, part of a push to demonstrate the effectiveness of newspaper political advertising.
Washington state's largest newspaper began with a full-page ad Wednesday calling McKenna "a choice that will make us all proud." The newspaper's editorial board has endorsed McKenna.
The company says it's also giving an in-kind donation of ad space to the political campaign that supports the gay marriage ballot measure. In a statement, the company said it hopes the advertising effort will demonstrate the strength of print political advertising, which often is focused on broadcast outlets.
A spokesman did not immediately return a call seeking more details on the decision.