Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'We Don't Know Each Other': Film Explores Tension Between Africans & African Americans
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
News & Music Contributors
Mon August 29, 2011
Seattle viaduct to shut down for 9 days in October
SEATTLE — The Transportation Department is holding a news conference Monday in Seattle to announce plans to shut down the Alaskan Way Viaduct for nine days in October.
Crews will demolish a section of the viaduct near Safeco Field and CenturyLink Field and build a detour.
The Seattle Times reports it's part of $3 billion project to replace the aging viaduct. The section of Highway 99 south of downtown will remain above ground, and a tunnel will take a section under downtown Seattle.