Most Active Stories
- Five things you should know about the proposed marijuana rules
- Daredevil photographer posts photos taken at dizzying heights
- 3 pulled from Skagit River after I-5 bridge collapse in Mount Vernon
- 'Pot-bellied' pig: Local butcher spikes pig feed with weed
- 'Staggering' rate hike under Obamacare no longer likely
News & Music Contributors
Seattle viaduct to shut down for 9 days in October
SEATTLE — The Transportation Department is holding a news conference Monday in Seattle to announce plans to shut down the Alaskan Way Viaduct for nine days in October.
Crews will demolish a section of the viaduct near Safeco Field and CenturyLink Field and build a detour.
The Seattle Times reports it's part of $3 billion project to replace the aging viaduct. The section of Highway 99 south of downtown will remain above ground, and a tunnel will take a section under downtown Seattle.