Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Listen: Can You Pick Out The Northwest Accent? (And Yes, We Have One!)
- Former Boeing Executive Alan Mulally’s Advice On Labor: 'Working Together Works’
- Tips On Staying Healthy While You Travel
- Mass: Expect Intensifying Rains With Global Warming
- Just Back From Spain, Nancy Leson Offers A Few Pointers On Paella
News & Music Contributors
Tue March 11, 2014
Senator's Bill Calls For Annual UW-Gonzaga Basketball Game
State Sen. Michael Baumgartner, R-Spokane, wants to rekindle one of the state's best basketball rivalries.
Baumgartner has introduced a bill that would require the University of Washington and Gonzaga University of Spokane to play at least once each season.
The two programs have not played each other since 2007.
Senate Bill 6583 would require at least one regular season game each year.
Baumgartner noted that Washington and Gonzaga played each year from 1998 through 2007, with Gonzaga winning eight of those 10 games.