Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
Shoplifter pulls sword at Longview store
LONGVIEW, Wash. — A suspected shoplifter pulled a small sword on a security officer who tried to stop him at the same Fred Meyer store in Longview where a guard's ear was cut with a hatchet in December in another shoplifting confrontation.
Police say no one was hurt Monday and the suspect got away after pulling out an 18-inch sword.
The Oregonian reports loss prevention officers approached the man as he was trying to leave with unpaid alcohol and a box of boots.
Last week a 31-year-old Longview man was sentenced to 35 years in prison for the hatchet assault.