Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- UW's MOOC On Public Speaking Proving To Be Massively Popular
- UW Professor Traces Growing Income Gap To The Collapse Of Organized Labor
- How To Make Your Own Crème Fraîche — And Why You Should
- Seattle Business Owners: $15 Minimum Wage Could Prove 'Possibly Fatal'
- Seattle Artist Turning Centuries-Old Pieces Of Wood Into One-Of-A-Kind Sculptures
News & Music Contributors
Tue May 1, 2012
Shoplifter pulls sword at Longview store
LONGVIEW, Wash. — A suspected shoplifter pulled a small sword on a security officer who tried to stop him at the same Fred Meyer store in Longview where a guard's ear was cut with a hatchet in December in another shoplifting confrontation.
Police say no one was hurt Monday and the suspect got away after pulling out an 18-inch sword.
The Oregonian reports loss prevention officers approached the man as he was trying to leave with unpaid alcohol and a box of boots.
Last week a 31-year-old Longview man was sentenced to 35 years in prison for the hatchet assault.