Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Grieving Widow Helps Spearhead First-Of-Its-Kind State Law On Suicide Prevention
- Everything You Need To Know About Woodland Park Zoo's Precious Doo
- Seattle-Area Skygazers May See Glimpse Of 'Blood Moon' — If They're Persistent
- Join Dick Stein And Nancy Leson For A Food For Thought 'Happy Hour'
- TurboTax Offers Taxpayers Option Of Getting Refund In Amazon Gift Card
News & Music Contributors
Tue May 1, 2012
Shoplifter pulls sword at Longview store
LONGVIEW, Wash. — A suspected shoplifter pulled a small sword on a security officer who tried to stop him at the same Fred Meyer store in Longview where a guard's ear was cut with a hatchet in December in another shoplifting confrontation.
Police say no one was hurt Monday and the suspect got away after pulling out an 18-inch sword.
The Oregonian reports loss prevention officers approached the man as he was trying to leave with unpaid alcohol and a box of boots.
Last week a 31-year-old Longview man was sentenced to 35 years in prison for the hatchet assault.