Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Study Finds MRSA 'Superbug' Lurking At Washington Firehouses
- 5 Reasons Eating Bugs Could Save The World, According To Seattle's Own 'Bug Chef'
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
News & Music Contributors
Tue May 1, 2012
Shoplifter pulls sword at Longview store
LONGVIEW, Wash. — A suspected shoplifter pulled a small sword on a security officer who tried to stop him at the same Fred Meyer store in Longview where a guard's ear was cut with a hatchet in December in another shoplifting confrontation.
Police say no one was hurt Monday and the suspect got away after pulling out an 18-inch sword.
The Oregonian reports loss prevention officers approached the man as he was trying to leave with unpaid alcohol and a box of boots.
Last week a 31-year-old Longview man was sentenced to 35 years in prison for the hatchet assault.