Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Food for Thought
Should you shoot your own food?
Let's post lunch. Take your best shot. After all, who wouldn't want to see a picture of what you're eating? Not surprisingly, some restaurateurs -- and some restaurant customers -- are not amused.
A recent NY Times article highlights the growing counter-trend among restaurant operators to discourage food photography in their dining rooms. Some prohibit it outright, some invite diners to shoot only inside the kitchen where they won't annoy other customers, and some are now even providing pictures of whatever the customer ordered.
It beats me why anyone would want to post a picture of their lunch on the internet. And even more baffling -- why anyone would want to see those pictures. If you do that please tell us why.
"I believe in equality for everyone except reporters and photographers."
-- Mahatma Ghandi