Most Active Stories
- Public Party Planned for One-Year Anniversary of Legal Pot
- ‘Can We Buy a Little Less and Share a Little More?’
- Mass: Bundle Up! Worst of the Cold Snap to Arrive this Weekend
- St. Louis Machinists President: Keep 777X in Washington
- Join Us for the 17th Annual KPLU Christmas Jam Holiday Concert and Live Broadcast
News & Music Contributors
Skiers and snowboarders digging all the snow
Maybe you don't ski or snowboard, or even particularly like the snow. But there's so much enjoyment from watching the beautiful images captured by Herald of Everett reporters on Wednesday. It was opening day at Stevens Pass.
The Herald of Everett sent their reporter and a videographer, and found the slopes packed with folks who took the day off work:
On Wednesday, about 2,300 people enjoyed the slopes, not caring that it was the middle of the work week. “I have been waiting all year for this,” Matt McPherson of Bothell said.
The Seattle Times has a handy snow condition widget on its site, if you want to plan a quick getaway to the northwest mountain playgrounds.