Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here's What The Big I-90 Closure Will Look Like. How Will You Survive?
- Report Shows Coal, Oil Trains Would Quadruple Rail Traffic, Alarming Lawmakers
- When A Bomb Goes Off During Your Study On Trauma: New UW Findings On PTSD
- Why Seattle Homeless Advocates Feel Vacant Downtown Building Is Rightfully Theirs
- UW Study Examines New Ways To Involve Immigrant Parents In School Activities
News & Music Contributors
Fri August 10, 2012
Smoke evacuates Seattle water taxi
Smoke from the engine room forced the Seattle water taxi to return to its dock at West Seattle.
Fire Department spokesman Kyle Moore says it had a large response before 8 a.m. Friday because of the reported boat fire.
Moore says the smoke was caused by wires touching a generator, but there was no fire. Firefighters did not use water or foam.
Moore says the water taxi crew did the right thing by returning to the dock and evacuating passengers.
The taxi carries passengers across Elliott Bay between West Seattle and the downtown waterfront.