Most Active Stories
- Mystery man revealed : The daredevil behind the lens
- Skagit Valley eatery goes for the laughs to attract business
- Watch: Seattle Public Library tries to break record for longest book-domino chain
- North Cascades Nat'l Park named one of 10 'hidden gems' in U.S.
- Epiphany! Make an iceberg-blue cheese layer cake
News & Music Contributors
State to announce sale of 167 WA liquor stores
YAKIMA, Wash. — Washington officials are announcing the results Monday of Friday's online auction of state-run liquor stores.
The sale of the rights to 167 stores is estimated at more than $20 million.
The auction was the result of a state vote to get the state out of the retail liquor business and to privatize sales.